Summer is here and that means finding something for the kids to do other than texting and playing video games. Whether your child likes sports, animals, music, technology, nature, reading or academics — or has other interests — there are plenty of kid-friendly things to do in Fayetteville NC! These activities are great for those days you are trying to beat the heat.
Athletic / Sports
- The Climbing Place is the largest indoor rock climbing facility in North Carolina. You and your kids can literally climb the walls with over 70,000 climbing holds, 60 top ropes, a massive overhang area, a 300-ft. gym traverse and thousands of square feet of bouldering surface as well as a top-out boulder.
- Triangle Rock Club is one of Fayetteville’s premier indoor climbing gyms with bouldering and belaying available for all skill levels. The youth programs encourage kids to set and accomplish goals, conquer fears and venture out and try new things, whether your child is an adventure seeker or merely looking to try out the ropes of a new activity.
- Paraclete XP Indoor Skydiving is the closest thing to true human flight as you soar on a column of air inside a vertical wind tunnel. The Youth League teaches kids the aspects of bodyflight while learning in a team environment. For ages two and up.
- Round-A-Bout Skating Centers feature roller skating, in-line skating and video arcades at two locations in Fayetteville. The 71st Place location also offers Round-A-Golf miniature golf.
- The Hit’n Mill is a 10,000 sq.ft. indoor baseball and softball training center that also provides instruction and guidance in the principles of teamwork, sportsmanship, perseverance and commitment.
Arcades / Laser Tag / Miniature Golf
- Omni Family Amusement Center is the largest fun center in Cumberland County, offering over 100 games for the entire family. You can also play miniature golf at Mountasia Golf & Games next door and indoor golf at Pirate Black Light Golf.
- Putt-Putt Fun Center provides fun for the entire family, including Putt-Putt golf, go karts, bumper cars, bumper boats, batting cages and arcade games. They also offer group pricing, party packages and daily specials.
- Chuck E Cheese’s is a great place to take the kids for everyday fun or for special occasions. It features games, rides, prizes, food and entertainment that children of all ages will love.
- Fascinate-U Children’s Museum is a hands-on children’s museum in downtown Fayetteville where children can explore and learn through sight, sound, touch, role playing and interaction with each other and their environment.
- Fayetteville Area Transportation Museum is the hub for history in downtown Fayetteville. Located in the beautifully restored 1890 Cape Fear and Yadkin Valley Railroad Depot, the museum has two floors of engaging exhibits from pre-history through the early 20th There is a model train room, steamboat interactive and re-created station agent’s office. The Museum Annex next door continues Fayetteville’s story with automobiles and airplanes, including vintage cars and a re-created 1920s gas station.
- Museum of the Cape Fear Historical Complex is Fayetteville’s premier historical facility, including a museum with exhibits of North Carolina’s rich history; the 1897 Poe House, a late-Victorian house museum; and Arsenal Park, the remains of an ordnance factory that served both the Federal and Confederate governments.
- Airborne & Special Operations Museum preserves the extraordinary feats by airborne troops and special operations forces with artifacts, life-size dioramas, AV displays and a new motion simulator.
- Airborne Division Museum presents the history of the 82nd Airborne Division from World War I with artifacts, military aircraft and war memorials.
- The Rogue Roller Girls are Fayetteville’s premier women’s flat track roller derby league. Bouts are held May through October in a family-friendly environment.
Crown Arena, 1960 Coliseum Dr, Fayetteville, NC
- Fayetteville has nine different public library branches with ongoing events and activities for kids and teens. Go to Cumberland County Public Library & Information Center for more information.
- The Little Gym offers a diverse selection of summer programs filled with movement, music, learning and laughter for every stage of your child’s development from four months to 12 years.
- Megaplay Play Center & Party Venue is a new indoor children’s playground and party facility in Spring Lake. A two-level play structure has a variety of activities such as a four-person wave slide, bridges, obstacles and spinning plates, as well as an area with soft play rides and inflatables and a space just for toddlers.
- Monkey Joe’s is an indoor bounce house facility that offers bouncing, sliding and jumping fun for kids 12 and under. The Mini Monkey Zone offers age-appropriate activities for toddlers.
- Play Date is a convenient hourly drop-in childcare facility that provides various activities addressing the cognitive, social and physical development of children 12 months to 12 years.
- Greg’s Art Pottery & Gifts is a paint-your-own-pottery studio in downtown Fayetteville where your children can paint their own pottery or take a pottery class. Starting this summer there will be Children’s Punch, Paint & Party events – drop off your kids while they paint a canvas painting.
- Just Claying Around gives your kids a creative outlet where they can paint their own pottery masterpiece. Come as a family or drop the kids off for Kid’s Night so you can have some well-deserved time to yourself.
There are many activities in Fayetteville to keep your child busy and satisfied, you just have to look around the corner!
Additional source of things to do in Fayetteville NC with your kids:
The post Things to Do with Kids in Fayetteville – Part Two: Indoor Activities appeared first on McKee Homes Blog.