With the cooling temperatures and the changing colors of the leaves, there is no double that Fall is in full swing. If you are excited to get out and enjoy the season, there are lots of fun things to do with kids this Fall in Wilmington, N.C.
Pumpkin Patches & Corn Mazes
- Maze Craze– Hallsboro, NC – You and your family will have fun venturing through the 13-acre corn maze as well as the numerous other activities, including hay rides, rubber duck races and the critter corral.
- The Pumpking Patch at Wesley – Wilmington, NC – It’s a tradition for many Wilmington residents to choose their pumpkins at the Pumpkin Patch at Wesley.
- Mike’s Farm– Beulaville, NC – This year-round farm offers hayrides and in October you can stop by the pumpkin patch. Your family will also like visiting the farm animals.
- Typically held the first full weekend in October, the Wilmington Riverfest draws in nearly a quarter-million people. With the street fair, arts and crafts and live music, you will surely have a great time! This year, Riverfest will be held Nov. 19-20 due to Hurricane Matthew.
Cucalorus Film Festival
- The 22nd Annual Cucalorus Film Festival celebrates independent and international films in Historic Downtown Wilmington from Nov. 9-13. Most of the daytime films are family-friendly, but you can ask the staff to be sure.
Cape Fear Kite Festival
- What’s better than flying a kite at the beach with the family? Well, if you’re near Kure Beach on Nov. 5 or Nov. 6, you may want to stop and see as the sky is painted with colorful kites of all shapes and sizes. This event can be effected by the weather and the wind, but be assured, something will fly.
Riverfront Farmers’ Market
- Your Saturday mornings just got a whole lot more exciting. Located in Historic Downtown Wilmington, this farmers market features local farmers, producers, artists and crafters. You’ll assuredly find fresh produce, tasty treats and unique gifts.
Halloween Ghost Trolley and Haunted Barn
- Your children will love riding in a horse-drawn trolley while listening to ghost stories, tailored for young children. They will also get to experience the haunted barn. Your children will also be delighted by the free treats along the way.
No matter what your interests, there is something fun happening this Fall in Wilmington, NC.
The post Fun Things To Do With Kids In Wilmington appeared first on McKee Homes Blog.