Fall is finally here! There are so many things many of us look forward to when Fall arrives: the leaves changing colors, pumpkin-flavored everything, a steamy beverage on a brisk day, football, Halloween and the list goes one. If you’re looking for things to do in Fayetteville this Fall, you might check out these activities.
Pumpkin Patches and Corn Mazes
- Gross Farms – Sanford, NC – Not only do they have a pumpkin patch, they also have three mazes in a 12-acre cornfield. They also offer a play area for kids, hayrides and music.
- Hubb’s Farm – Clinton, NC – They have activities for all ages, from the pumpkin patch to hay rides and three corn mazes to human football. Be sure to bring lace up shoes, as sandals might be a mistake.
- Gillis Hill Farm – Fayetteville, NC – They have pumpkins, produce, homemade ice cream and more. They also offer a self-guided walking tour of the working farm with an ice cream purchase for each person.
Dogwood Fall Festival
- If you’re in town Oct. 27-29, be sure to check out the Dogwood Fall Festival held at Festival Park in Downtown Fayetteville. You can go on a guided walking tour in the dark through Cross Creek Cemetery (section II) or find yourself in an outdoor haunted maze. There will also be hayrides, live music and food trucks.
Downtown Farmers Market
- On Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings, you can enjoy local produce and artisan booths at the Fayetteville Area Transportation and Local History Museum. After you’re done at the Farmer’s Market, you can check out the local shops and restaurants in Downtown Fayetteville.
- Do you like zombies and/or dressing up like one? Then we know of an event for you! On Oct. 28, Downtown Fayetteville turns into the epicenter of the zombie apocalypse. Dress up in your best zombie costume and join your fellow zombie enthusiasts at the Library for a pre-party and costume contest, then walk downtown for all to see.
Music and Theater
- Fayetteville Symphony Orchestra – Do you have a passion for music? If so, check out two concerts this Fall performed by the Fayetteville Symphony Orchestra. Come dressed in your Halloween costumes for the Fall Spooktacular on Oct. 15 or enjoy Dvorak’s Symphony No. 8 on Nov. 19.
- Cape Fear Regional Theatre – Maybe theater is more to your liking? Cape Fear Regional Theatre will be performing two shows this Fall. The musical “Million Dollar Quartet” will be playing until Oct. 2. Then on Oct. 27, Shakespeare’s drama “Henry V” will begin.
No matter your preference, there are many fun things to do this Fall in Fayetteville, NC.
The post Fun Things To Do This Fall In Fayetteville appeared first on McKee Homes Blog.