McKee Homes is excited to welcome the 2021 class of summer interns to the McKee Family! This is our second consecutive year offering the McKee Homes Intern Program to college students looking for real-world work experience within the rapidly expanding homebuilding industry.
To develop the next generation of home building industry professionals by training and educating top performers about the multiple disciplines involved in the new home construction industry and McKee Homes.
The selected interns will have a unique opportunity to develop and enhance their leadership skills while also learning about specific areas of the business through a McKee Syllabus and from other associates, consultants, and professionals.
We want to create an environment where top interns see a path for career development in the home building industry.
Meet the Interns
We are excited to welcome four interns this summer to the McKee Homes Intern Program!
Tyler Davis rejoins McKee Homes this summer as a Land Acquisition and Development Intern, as previously working as a Construction Intern in the 2020 summer program. Tyler is currently a rising Junior at East Carolina University studying Construction Management.
Tyler Peacock joins the McKee Homes Intern Program as a Starts & Pre-Construction Intern and is currently studying Accounting at East Carolina University as a rising Sophomore.
Luke Dobson joins McKee Homes as a Construction Intern this summer as a rising Junior at East Carolina studying Construction Management as well.
Lastly, we are excited to welcome Quinn Spear to McKee Homes this summer as a Construction Intern, he is currently a rising Freshman at East Carolina University studying Construction Management.
The McKee Homes Intern Program ties directly into one of our core values, Continuous Improvement, which focuses on believing in clear and respectful communication, that we are lifelong students and coaches, and that we are building a cure for Alzheimer’s.
We believe that this intern program offers students a valuable opportunity to explore their field of study in the real world. Each intern is provided with a mentor along with their manager, to ensure that there are no communication gaps between what is expected of them throughout the program and that they always have someone to ask questions to. Each intern is also expected to register for their regional Walk to End Alzheimer’s, so they can experience our community embrace efforts and give back to not only the Alzheimer’s Association but a charity or organization of their choice through our Associate Community Embrace Program.
- Participate in all activities described in this document and listed in
- Intern’s Job Description.
- Collaborate with McKee Homes’ Associates.
- Attend all meetings and staff functions.
- Apply their educational background to workplace experiences.
- Keep an open mind and be willing to learn new things.
- Seek feedback and ask questions.
- Complete mid and end-of-program self-assessment.
- Become a registered Fundraiser and participate in one of our Regional Walks to End Alzheimer’s.
- It is preferable that an intern be interested in returning for a second summer internship, which will include leadership opportunities in the role of mentor to 1st-year interns.
- Opportunity to join Team McKee full time!
How to Apply
Are you interested in joining the McKee Homes Intern Program next summer?
If so, please visit our Careers page and signup using the McKee Intern Program button for more information about this program and how to submit your cover letter and resume.
Benefits of Being a McKee Intern
- Training Syllabus Developed in Collaboration with ECU Career Services
- Comprehensive Overview of all McKee Departments
- Project-Based Learning Opportunities
- Dedicated Mentors to Facilitate Day-to-Day Learning
- Continuous Feedback Given by Mentor and Manager
- Formal Mid and End of Program Evaluation
- Competitive Compensation
- Career-Building Experiences: Networking, Public Speaking, Cross-Department