Using energy efficient appliances is a cost-saving smart move that can increase the longevity of your appliances and save you money on your energy bill! There are lots of benefits of using these types of appliances that not only benefit you but also the environment. McKee Homes uses all energy-efficient appliances in each of our homes. Read below for a few benefits!
- Reduced Energy Costs– According to the U.S. Department of Energy, Energy Star appliances will reduce your home appliance energy usage and costs between 10-50%. On average, according to the NRDC American homeowners are saving about $2,000 per household using these appliances in their homes!
- Environmentally Friendly– Another great reason to utilize these appliances are its benefits for the earth! The benefits include reducing water consumption, reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and reducing our reliance on fossil fuel resources.
- Do More with Less Time– This a great one for anyone that may not particularly look forward to spending an entire Saturday doing laundry! According to the NRDC using an energy-efficient washer will allow you to wash more in a single load and dry them faster!
Here are a few quick tips on how to effectively use your appliances in the home to continue seeing all the great energy-efficient benefits!
- Dishwasher: Use it only on full and scrape instead of rinsing your dishes before you load them. Remove the dry setting and allow your dishes to air dry.
- Stove: Use the burners that are closest to your pot size; heat is lost when the pot is too small. Turn your oven off a few minutes before your meal is done cooking the remaining heat will continue cooking it.
- Refrigerator: Check your door seal to make sure it is intact. Give your food a chance to cool down before refrigerating it.
- Washer/dryer: Wait until you are at a full load before washing. Try to use the cool water setting as much as possible.
There are so many benefits to using the energy-efficient appliances in your home! Contact us at 910-672-7296 to find out about all of the great features and options available to you!