Just 2 months until the Walk!
McKee Homes is an Alzheimer’s Association Early Detection Alliance (AEDA) Champion. So what does an AEDA champion do and why is early detection so important? According to the Alzheimer’s Association®:
AEDA Champions are:
- A reliable source of Alzheimer’s information for those who need help.
- A vehicle to increase awareness of the 10 warning signs of Alzheimer’s disease.
- A positive force to improve the health of your company, organization or community.
- A part of a nationwide network of organizations that are addressing the Alzheimer’s crisis.
- A leader in the fight against Alzheimer’s disease.
Why Early Detection Matters
Early detection of Alzheimer’s is important for both individuals at risk and those who are caregivers for family members. Most people do not know when forgetting becomes a serious health problem. By putting off learning more, people impacted by Alzheimer’s disease are being diagnosed too late and miss the opportunity to get the best help possible.
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life.
- Challenges in planning or solving problems.
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks.
- Confusion with time or place.
- Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships.
- New problems with words in speaking or writing.
- Misplacing things and loosing the ability to retrace steps.
- Decreased or pour judgment.
- Withdrawal from work or social activities.
- Changes in mood and personality.